NEW YORK (WNCN) — CNN anchor Chris Cuomo confirmed via Twitter on Tuesday that he has tested positive for coronavirus.
Cuomo said in his post that he has “been exposed to people in recent days who have subsequently tested positive.”
The anchor said that he had been experiencing “fever, chills and shortness of breath” and subsequently tested positive for the virus.
“I just hope I didn’t give it to the kids and Cristina,” he wrote. “That would make me feel worse than this illness!”
Cuomo wrote he is quarantined in his basement “which actually makes the rest of the family seem pleased!”
He plans on anchoring his show, “Cuomo Prime Time,” live from his basement.
Chris Cuomo is the younger brother of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
“We will all beat this by being smart and tough and united!” he wrote.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Warning issued for Johnston County as minor flooding forecasted for Wednesday
- Starting Tuesday, Pizza Hut is giving away free pizza to 2020 grads
- Wilson gym owner re-opens, plans to file lawsuit against Gov. Cooper
- Families pay their respects at Raleigh National Cemetery on Memorial Day
- Butner inmate dies 3 days after testing positive for COVID-19, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now