TAMPA, Fl. (WFLA) — Five University of Tampa students are recovering after testing positive for COVID-19 during spring break, the school said.
The university said the students were traveling together and with other University of Tampa students during spring break before testing positive.
The college didn’t say where they went during their break or if they lived on or off campus.
The university did send well wishes to the infected students.
“We sincerely wish our students, and any others who may be affected, a full and rapid recovery,” UT posted on Twitter Saturday night.
The university switched to online classes only on March 17.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2nd man charged in murder of Durham man found in Cape Fear River
- Ron Rivera applauded by hospital staff after final cancer treatment
- Florida man received $1.9 million in coronavirus relief funds, used money to buy Mercedes, prosecutors say
- Infant dead after apparent attack by family dog in Virginia
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as a new week begins
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now