(WJW/WNCN) – Costco is warning customers about a scam coupon making its way across social media.
In a post on Facebook Tuesday, Costco said the scam is a recurring hoax involving a fake $75 coupon.
The scam asks you to:
- Share the Facebook post and complete several surveys, with links leading to websites not operated or sponsored by Costco
- Enter personal details like your name, address and phone number
- Sign up for “Reward Offers” by applying for a credit card or a paid subscription service
Anyone who completes the tasks listed above is eligible for the “anniversary” coupon.
Unfortunately for customers, Costco has confirmed it is not giving away any $75 coupons.
The company posted to Facebook saying:
“While we love our fans and our members, this offer is a SCAM, and in no way affiliated with Costco. Thanks to our fans for letting us know about this recurring hoax!”
- Woman heartbroken after horse killed in hit-and-run in Durham County
- ‘Streetery’ event aims to promote downtown Durham businesses affected by pandemic
- College football trophy on the road again; was supposed to make appearance at UNC
- Boy taken to hospital following shooting in Durham, police say
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now