Dick’s Sporting Goods is considering an end to gun sales.
Earlier this year, the sporting goods retailer pulled out of the hunting business at 125 stores, leaving sales in about 600 stores.
Dick’s said it would study the impact on overall sales and complete a review by August.
The company has reduced its guns for sale before.
Two weeks after the Parkland shooting in 2018, Dick’s stopped selling assault-style rifles that are frequently used in mass shootings, as well as high-capacity magazines.
An announcement about a new gun policy could come Thursday, when the company is set to report quarterly results.
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now