Dick’s Sporting Goods is considering an end to gun sales.
Earlier this year, the sporting goods retailer pulled out of the hunting business at 125 stores, leaving sales in about 600 stores.
Dick’s said it would study the impact on overall sales and complete a review by August.
The company has reduced its guns for sale before.
Two weeks after the Parkland shooting in 2018, Dick’s stopped selling assault-style rifles that are frequently used in mass shootings, as well as high-capacity magazines.
An announcement about a new gun policy could come Thursday, when the company is set to report quarterly results.
- Spam introduces limited-edition pumpkin spice flavor
- North Carolina airports to receive $17 million in infrastructure funding
- NC deputies investigating fatal crossbow shooting
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
- Panthers QB Newton to miss 2nd straight game
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now