ANDERSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – A Tennessee woman has been charged with attempted murder after she allegedly stabbed her husband while he was sleeping in their home.
Pecola Duncan was charged with attempted first-degree murder after Anderson County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a reported stabbing at a home on Dutch Valley Road on Friday, Nov. 15.
Upon arriving on the scene, victim Harold Duncan was seen exiting the residence holding a bloody towel on his chest. He told deputies, that his wife, Pecola Duncan, stabbed him in the chest while napping on the recliner.
Mrs. Duncan told deputies that she stabbed her husband after he attacked her and dragged her down the hallway. An incident report stated deputies did not notice any signs of a fight in the home or injuries that would indicate a struggle.
Just prior to taking Mrs. Duncan to jail she asked if Harold had died. Before deputies could respond she said, “I hope he did”.
Deputies described Mrs. Duncan’s mood as cheerful and unfazed in the incident report.
Harold Duncan was transported to UT Medical Center for what appeared to be life-threatening injuries.
Pecola Duncan is being held in the Anderson County Detention Facility without bond. The case is still under investigation.
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now