LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Metro Police are searching for a suspect after a drone crashed into Allegiant Stadium last month.
The incident happened on the afternoon of Nov. 21.
According to police report obtained by 8 News Now, security officers called Metro to the scene after the drone crashed.
The drone crashed into a panel about 80-100 feet above the ground. The assistant manager of security told police the damage was estimated to be between $5,000-$8,000, but the value of the damage has since been listed at $10,000 on the police report.
Security footage revealed the suspect was seen speaking with security at one point. Security officers told police the man was requesting for drone back after it was seized following the crash.
After staff refused to return the drone, the man fled in a black BMW X3 in an unknown direction. That vehicle was later found to be a rental, which was returned to Hertz rental company.
The man is facing several charges, including destruction of property and unlawful operation of a drone.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Gov. Cooper increases NC National Guard troops to 300 for inauguration at US Capitol
- IRS warns North Carolinians of ‘new wave’ of scams involving stimulus checks
- Friday, January 15th: CES 2021 round-up; job searching tips
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this week
- Mike Pence calls Kamala Harris to offer congratulations