A 19-year-old Marine broke into a Safety Harbor home Tuesday morning and began cooking and eating food, telling the homeowner to ‘go back to sleep,’ the arrest report states.
Police say Gavin Crim broke into a house on Huntington Boulevard around 4:15 a.m. and began cooking food inside the home. When confronted by the homeowner, Crim reportedly told them to ‘go back to sleep.’
When the homeowner threatened to call police, the report says Crim ran out of the house. He was soon found by police hiding in a thick wooded and swampy area behind the property.
The arrest report indicates Crim was under the influence of alcohol.
- 1 person shot at intersection west of downtown Durham, police say
- Family remembers NC construction worker killed by SUV at work site
- Major fire at Lake Luzerne home belonging to Rachael Ray
- 8 inmates test positive for COVID-19 at Durham County jail
- NC coworkers decide to split ‘ridiculous’ $4 million lottery win
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now