JOHNSON CITY, Tn. (WNCN) — Retired NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. was taken to the Johnson City Medical Center for minor injuries according to Carter County Sheriff Dexter Lunceford.
Earnhardt’s injuries were described as just cuts and abrasions.
The sheriff said Earnhardt’s wife and child were also on the plane, along with a pilot, one other passenger, and a family dog.
The FAA confirms there were five people on the plane.
- Raleigh’s Nate McMillan joins exclusive club with NBA playoffs run
- Transgender weightlifter Hubbard selected for Tokyo Olympics
- Despite forfeiting weapons, St. Louis man who pulled gun on BLM protesters show off new rifle
- Heavy rainfall and flash flooding expected along North Carolina coast through Monday morning
- Wakefield HS grad takes home $1.6 million prize in Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament