JOHNSON CITY, Tn. (WNCN) — Retired NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. was taken to the Johnson City Medical Center for minor injuries according to Carter County Sheriff Dexter Lunceford.
Earnhardt’s injuries were described as just cuts and abrasions.
The sheriff said Earnhardt’s wife and child were also on the plane, along with a pilot, one other passenger, and a family dog.
The FAA confirms there were five people on the plane.
- Police: 9-year-old shot, killed in Durham; 8-year-old wounded
- Florida man who allegedly said he wants to set record and kill 100 people in mass shooting is arrested
- Four Loko teases new seltzer with nearly triple the alcohol content of its competitors
- Man finds 50-year-old message in a bottle from Russian Navy on Alaskan shore
- Expert: These car seats sold online are ‘not safe at all’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now