BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) — The family of a 12-year-old boy who was killed in a motorcycle crash this week held a vigil Saturday night.
Family and friends of 12-year-old Bruce Cross held the vigil near Hillcrest Cemetery on Kern Canyon Road to celebrate his life and his love of riding.
On Wednesday, Cross died after the driver of the motorcycle he was a passenger of, lost control and collided on Kern Canyon Road at around 6:45 p.m. The boy’s death was the 34th deadly crash on Bakersfield roads this year, according to police.
Mourners say if you would like to help them with memorial costs, you can make a donation directly to Hillcrest Mortuary.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Girlfriend charged with murder after man killed in stabbing, SC police say
- Mom of slain teen is shot during burial service; son was among 2 killed by Florida deputies
- ALERT DAY: Rain and storms bring threat of damaging wind, tornadoes Monday morning
- NC man charged with murder in Transylvania County shooting, deputies say
- Former Trump aide sues over Russia probe surveillance, claims he was ‘unlawful spying’ victim