FAYETTEVILLE, AR (KNWA) — The officer who was shot and killed in Fayetteville last night has been identified as well as the suspect who shot him.
The officer has been identified as Fayetteville Police Officer Stephen Carr.
Around 9:40 p.m. Saturday, shots were fired in the back parking lot of the Fayetteville Police Department located on Rock Street.
Chief Reynolds said that Carr was “ambushed and executed” while sitting inside his patrol car behind the police department.
The suspect has been identified as London Phillips.
Two officers responded and fired shots at Phillips. Phillips was pronounced deceased.
The officers are on paid administrative leave while the shooting is under investigation.
- Store owner speaks out after thieves smash and grab jewelry at Raleigh mall
- Red Cross seeking blood donations as flu season worsens
- Woman ‘with a bandanna covering her face’ charged after Virginia pro-gun rally
- Woman implicates GPS, poor lighting after her car is hit by train at Cary rail crossing
- Baby found dead in trash bin, North Las Vegas police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now