A Florida security guard is in jail after authorities say he threatened to kill President Donald Trump as retaliation for the U.S. military killing an Iranian general.
The Secret Service says Chauncy Lump posted a live video on Facebook last week where he stated “he killed my leader and I have to kill” Trump.
Agents say Lump periodically displayed a semi-automatic rifle while wearing white cream on his face and a towel wrapped on his head like a turban.
Lump told agents he was joking.
He was being held Thursday on $100,000 bail on charges of threatening the president.
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor decision spills into America’s streets
- Average of the polls: Here’s where the numbers are moving in the Biden-Trump race
- Virginia parents of children with autism push for reduced penalty for assaulting police
- UNC-Wilmington professor discovers ancient mummified penguins in Antarctica
- Massachusetts man dies from eating bags of black licorice
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now