MURPHY, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina gun shop that drew nationwide attention with a billboard targeting four minority congresswomen has replaced it with a sign praising the First Amendment.
A billboard sponsored by Cherokee Guns had shown the congresswomen with the apocalyptic phrase “The 4 Horsemen Cometh” altered to read “The 4 Horsemen are Idiots.”
Television station WDEF reports that the billboard was replaced on Monday with one reading: “First Amendment. Enough Said.”
The billboard had targeted Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib, all of whom have drawn the wrath of President Donald Trump. It was signed “the Deplorables.”
WDEF reports that the chief salesperson for the gun shop said they took down the original message because of death threats posted online.
- NC family’s yard flooded after Mercedes damages fire hydrant in hit-and-run
- Kanye West announces he’s running for president in 2020
- BMW and SUV go up in flames in Raleigh neighborhood
- NC trooper listed as critical after he’s hit by car while investigating crash that killed 5
- NC family talks about shooting during road rage incident
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now