TOLEDO, Ohio (WDTN) – President Donald Trump ran through what he considers his list of accomplishments during his first term in office: a strong economy, construction of a border wall, and his handling of tensions in Iran after the killing of Soleimani.
“He was a bad guy. He was a bloodthirsty terror and he’s no longer a terror. He’s dead. Yet, now I see the radical left Democrats have expressed outrage over the termination of this horrible terrorist,” he said.
Vice President Mike Pence was on hand to introduce Trump to a cheering crowd of about eight thousand inside the Huntington Center in downtown Toledo.
At one point during the nearly hour and a half speech, police had to remove a heckler who unfurled a banner.
Trump applauded a court ruling favorable to the construction of his border wall, and reminded the crowd of a 2016 case involving an illegal immigrant in Lake County.
“Innocent Americans are being brutalized and murdered by illegal alien criminals. As just one example right here in Ohio, the illegal alien who went on a deadly crime spree attempting to rape a 14-year-old girl, then raping and murdering a 60-year-old woman, then shooting another woman who took a shortcut through the park walking with her children. And finally, the police came,” he said.
This was President Trump’s first rally of 2020.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- As symptoms change, here’s how you can tell if it’s COVID-19 or allergies
- People speak out after alcohol sales end at 10 p.m. in Orange County
- Sheriff: Florida homeowner kills masked intruders; accomplice facing murder charges
- Florida man arrested for attempting to record under young girl’s dress at Walmart, police say
- 2 men wanted for deadly shooting of pregnant woman in SC; reward offered
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now