SEATTLE (WNCN) – A 29-year-old man was arrested after police said he was caught on camera raping a disabled woman in a nursing home where he worked, CNN reports.
Nshimiyiana Hamzat is charged with raping a woman who lives at Foss Home and Village Nursing Home in north Seattle, police say.
Hamzat, who worked as a nursing assistant at the facility, sexually assaulted the victim more than once, court documents say.
Those assaults were caught on a hidden camera, police said.
The victim’s family put the camera in the room.
The victim spoke to KIRO in Seattle following Hamzat’s arrest.
“I asked him what you are doing to me? He said to me back, ‘I’m trying to help you, I’m trying to clean you.”
Hamzat is charged with first-degree rape, second-degree rape and indecent liberties.
“I think that that guy should stay forever in jail,” the victim told KIRO.
The facility would not comment on the allegations, only say that Hamzat has been suspended.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Final scores from the regional matchups of the NCHSAA high school football state semifinal round
- Border-Ukraine pairing threatens to tear Democrats apart
- Fayetteville McDonald’s presents check to Cumberland County schools during Giving Tuesday
- Tree of Life ceremony honors lives lost in NC deadly crashes in 2023
- Man taken to hospital after shooting on Campsite Drive in Wendell, deputies say