RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The IRS has teamed up with TurboTax to help you calculate how much you could receive as part of the government’s stimulus package.
The payments are coming within the next few weeks for people who have direct deposit and who have already filed a 2019 tax return. Social security recipients may also receive funds soon.
If you haven’t filed a 2019 tax return, you can use the tool to register with the IRS.
The U.S. Treasury Department said it could take months for physical checks to be distributed so it is encouraging anyone who can use direct deposit to do so.
Eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns for either 2019 or 2018 will automatically receive an economic impact payment of up to $1,200 for individuals or $2,400 for married couples and up to $500 for each qualifying child.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Texas school district apologizes for ‘hero’ assignment listing accused Wisconsin shooter
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87
- Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died of metastatic pancreatic cancer at age 87
- Local pumpkin carver shines on Food Network’s “Halloween Wars”
- Local singer, Christina Munsey, debuts new music