SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Rapper Kanye West has got some work to do if he’s serious about running for president this year.
In what’s reportedly the first poll ranking West since he announced his presidential run, he garnered support from 2% of 2,000 registered voters polled by consulting firm Redfield & Wilton Strategies.
Joe Biden took the lead with 48%, with Donald Trump coming in second at 40%.
However, when West is included in the poll, Trump’s numbers drop to 39%.
West announced his presidential run on July 4. He recently revealed in a Forbes interview that he no longer supports Trump and continues to seek the advisement of Tesla CEO Elon Musk on his campaign.
- Storm-tattered Frying Pan Tower flag being auctioned off to support places hardest hit by Hurricane Isaias
- Triangle gym owners react to remaining in Phase 2 and closed
- 8-year-old shot accidentally in Rocky Mount, police say
- Durham Public Schools suspends student driver’s education program indefinitely
- 2 Florida men arrested after dolphin calf, fish found dead
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now