COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — Bond was set at $350,000 for a Colorado man accused of running off with a 14-year-old Columbus girl.
Cleven William Smash III, of Colorado Springs, is charged with unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and pandering obscenity involving a minor.
According to Columbus police, the teen began communicating with Smash sometime in 2019. Earlier this month, police say Smash showed up unexpectedly at the girl’s home. On Jan. 22, the girl was reported missing by her parents.
Smash and the girl were located in downtown Columbus near the Greyhound bus station. Police believe they were trying to flee to Colorado.
According to court records, Smash had photos and videos of the girl on his phone that resulted in the pandering obscenity involving a minor charge.
Smash appeared in court Friday morning where bond was set at $350,000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- Trump supporters stuck in the cold when buses can’t reach Nebraska rally
- RIP Mexican Pizza: Popular Taco Bell dish starts disappearing from menus
- Phoenix police officer accused of sending ‘credible threat’ to the mayor
- Watch Live: Twitter, Facebook, Google CEOs testify on social media protections amid censorship claims
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now