TUCSON, Ariz. (CNN/KVOA) — Police are asking the public to help identify a man suspected of stealing 29 unused COVID-19 test kits from an Arizona medical center.
The man entered the El Rio Health Center disguised as a delivery driver just before 8 p.m. Friday.
Tucson police say he took the test kits while employees prepared to close for the night.
Employees noticed the kits were missing on Saturday morning.
Police said the test kits are “essentially useless” to the suspect.
They can only be tested in a private lab equipped with the proper tools for testing and reading results.
Tucson police also warned the public not to purchase any coronavirus or COVID-19 test kits for sale.
They say it is a scam there are currently no home test kits for the virus.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say