KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Prosecutors say a suspect has been arrested in the shooting death of a 4-year-old Kansas City, Missouri, boy whose killing sparked a federal task force designed to fight violent crime.
Jackson County prosecutors said Thursday that 22-year-old Ryson Ellis, of Kansas City, faces second-degree murder and three other charges in the June killing of LeGend Taliferro.
The boy was killed while he slept on the floor by a shot that came from outside his father’s apartment.
Federal authorities named a task force that sent hundreds of federal agents to Kansas City and other cities Operation LeGend in his memory.
- Fans allowed back in the stands at Wake County school sporting events
- 7 arrested after long-term NC investigation into illegal drug sales
- Man reaches through NC home’s open window, grabs 14-year-old girl
- There’s something in the water off Virginia Beach: Shrimp!
- No. 6 Duke comes up short against No. 8 Michigan State