NIAGARA FALLS, Ontario — Niagara Parks Police on the Canadian side said a man survived after being swept over the Horseshoe Falls Tuesday morning July 9.
Crews were alerted about a person at the edge of the falls around 4 a.m.
He was seen climbing the wall and then jumping into the river before being swept over the Horseshoe Falls, police said.
After searching the lower area of the falls, the man was spotted sitting on the rocks at the water’s edge below an observation platform.
The man was taken to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Police did not release his name.
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro Schools continue to deal with bus driver shortage; $2K bonuses to be offered
- SEE IT: 2 cars speed down one-way Virginia street while exchanging gunfire
- Ledecky sets up 1st Olympic showdown with Aussie rival
- ‘I didn’t mean to startle anyone’: Video shows arrest of man found with guns, ammo in Chicago hotel
- ‘Oh my God!’: Kiefer earns 3rd American fencing gold ever