NIAGARA FALLS, Ontario — Niagara Parks Police on the Canadian side said a man survived after being swept over the Horseshoe Falls Tuesday morning July 9.
Crews were alerted about a person at the edge of the falls around 4 a.m.
He was seen climbing the wall and then jumping into the river before being swept over the Horseshoe Falls, police said.
After searching the lower area of the falls, the man was spotted sitting on the rocks at the water’s edge below an observation platform.
The man was taken to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries. Police did not release his name.
- Pennsylvania man charged with killing neighbor’s dogs, owner cited
- California newlyweds tie the knot on separate floors of 2-story home after bride tests positive for coronavirus
- Georgia Aquarium’s largest female whale shark dies
- LIVE: US panel to decide who should get first COVID-19 vaccine shots
- ‘Juno’ star Elliot Page announces he is transgender