NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — Police say a 29-year-old South Florida man shot his mother following an argument over orange juice, an air conditioner remote and the use of her car.
Luis Pages told police he “he lost it” during the Sunday evening argument and shot 59-year-old Miriam Gonzalez multiple times in their North Miami Beach home.
Pages told an investigator who arrived around 5 p.m., “I killed her. Take me to jail,” according to a police report obtained by the Associated Press.
He allegedly told officers his mother held up a pink knife and threatened him before the shooting.
He’s charged with one count of second-degree murder and is being held without bond.
Pages said he tried to shoot himself too, but was out of bullets. He then called 911. When an officer arrived Pages told him, “take me to jail.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Woman’s obituary: In lieu of flowers ‘do not vote for Trump’
- Giuliani shown in hotel bedroom scene in new ‘Borat’ film
- Fort Bragg Twitter account deleted after hack leads to lewd messages
- Wednesday, October 21st – Spruce up your home for the season, learn how to manage anxiety and stress healthily
- Tackle DIY home projects with these awesome products
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now