KENNEWICK, Wash. (WFLA) – A Washington man suffered the ultimate case of karma over the weekend after someone stole his truck while he was robbing a store across the street, according to police.
The Kennewick Police Department says the incident took place around 6:00 a.m. Sunday when Kennewick police responded to a report of a vehicle theft.
When police arrived William Kelley told police someone on a bike had stolen his 1992 Chevy pickup. Kelley told police he had left his keys on the seat.
When officials obtained video of the incident, police discovered Kelley was at the location because he was stealing items from a business across the street.
Kelley was then booked in the Benton County jail on a warrant and a burglary charge.
Kelley’s pickup truck is still missing.
- Bill just passed in NC House could make voting by mail easier this November
- Portuguese Man o’ War spotted on beaches from Surfside Beach to North Myrtle Beach
- North Carolina Zoo welcomes second litter of critically endangered red wolf pups
- Morrisville Sheetz employee tests positive for COVID-19, store closed for cleaning
- Zion Williamson seeks to avoid answering questions about improper benefits
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now