KENNEWICK, Wash. (WFLA) – A Washington man suffered the ultimate case of karma over the weekend after someone stole his truck while he was robbing a store across the street, according to police.
The Kennewick Police Department says the incident took place around 6:00 a.m. Sunday when Kennewick police responded to a report of a vehicle theft.
When police arrived William Kelley told police someone on a bike had stolen his 1992 Chevy pickup. Kelley told police he had left his keys on the seat.
When officials obtained video of the incident, police discovered Kelley was at the location because he was stealing items from a business across the street.
Kelley was then booked in the Benton County jail on a warrant and a burglary charge.
Kelley’s pickup truck is still missing.
- Inspectors checking ‘every nut, bolt, fastener or screw’ on NC State Fair rides
- 12 Democrats meet for first debate since impeachment inquiry
- Dutch family of 7 waiting for ‘the end of time’ discovered living in farmhouse basement
- Wake County reports most coyote sightings in North Carolina
- Fail foliage expected to peak for some North Carolina mountains this weekend
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now