JERSEY VILLAGE, Texas (KXAN/CBS News) — CBS News is reporting Heidi Broussard, an Austin mother who has been missing since Dec. 12, was found dead in the trunk of a car Friday near a home in Jersey Village, Texas.
Her 3-week-old daughter, Margot Carey, was found alive in good condition, the report says.
Tammy Broussard, Heidi’s mother, said a medical examiner needs to officially identify the body.
Law enforcement would not confirm those details from Broussard.
Jersey Village is near Houston.
A car at the scene is registered to Magen Rose Fieramusca, who is currently listed as being in custody at the Harris County Jail.
Police records from Harris County say Fieramusca was arrested Friday by APD on two counts of kidnapping and tampering with evidence. That evidence was a human corpse, records say. She is being held on $600,000 bond.
CBS 17 will continue to provide information from law enforcement as it becomes available.
- Community seeks concrete change following continued violence in Durham
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Franklin County family being evicted despite pandemic speaks out
- COVID-19 antibody treatment tests underway in Raleigh, Fayetteville
- Woman shot in leg in Durham, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now