DESOTO, Texas (AP) — The body of a long-dead man has been found in his suburban Dallas apartment.
DeSoto police say the body of 51-year-old Ronald Wayne White was found on the kitchen floor of his apartment last week by staff of the DeSoto Town Center Apartments checking units not using water.
White had been on a month-to-month lease with his rent taken from his bank account automatically.
A Dallas County medical examiner says White had been dead about three years when the Navy veteran’s body was found.
White’s mother, Doris Stevens, tells WFAA-TV that her son was diabetic.
She says his career as a defense contractor took him all over the world, but he’d call her at least twice a month, regardless of where he was.
The calls stopped three years ago.
- Trump says he’s extending offshore drilling ban off North Carolina coast
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest trio on firearms, drug-related charges
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show support for Trump
- Breonna Taylor protesters continue marches for 4th night: ‘No justice, No peace’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now