WASHINGTON (WBTW) – Purdue Foods is recalling nearly 500 pounds of chicken products.
According to the USDA’s website, 495 pounds of “ready-to-eat chicken products” are being recalled “misbranding and undeclared allergens.”
” The frozen ready-to-eat chicken products are labeled as gluten free chicken breast tenders but contain chicken nugget products. The items were produced on August 30, 2019,” USDA’s website says. Products subject to the recall include:
- 22-oz. resealable plastic bags containing “Simply Smart Organics CHICKEN BREAST TENDERS GLUTEN FREE” with “Best By: 08 29 20,” UPC Bar Code: 0-72745-80489-2, and time stamps of 00:30 to 01:00 (inclusive).
“The products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-33944” on the package label. These items were shipped to distributors and retail locations in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania,” the USDA also says. “The problem was discovered when the company notified FSIS that they received two consumer complaints regarding the mislabeled product. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
- Ga. man arrested for murdering parents
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- 6,096 new COVID-19 cases reported in N.C. Sunday, fourth day of more than 100 deaths
- Four Raleigh homes evacuated after grenade found in yard