WASHINGTON (WBTW) – Purdue Foods is recalling nearly 500 pounds of chicken products.
According to the USDA’s website, 495 pounds of “ready-to-eat chicken products” are being recalled “misbranding and undeclared allergens.”
” The frozen ready-to-eat chicken products are labeled as gluten free chicken breast tenders but contain chicken nugget products. The items were produced on August 30, 2019,” USDA’s website says. Products subject to the recall include:
- 22-oz. resealable plastic bags containing “Simply Smart Organics CHICKEN BREAST TENDERS GLUTEN FREE” with “Best By: 08 29 20,” UPC Bar Code: 0-72745-80489-2, and time stamps of 00:30 to 01:00 (inclusive).
“The products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-33944” on the package label. These items were shipped to distributors and retail locations in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania,” the USDA also says. “The problem was discovered when the company notified FSIS that they received two consumer complaints regarding the mislabeled product. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Confederate statue removed by authorities in Clinton after monument vandalized
- 2 dead in shootings just 2 minutes apart in Fayetteville Sunday
- Power restored after 10,000 customers in Raleigh left in the dark
- Wake County hair salons, barbershops slowly recovering after reopening
- NC driver puts car in wrong gear, hitting 7 people, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now