WASHINGTON (AP) - Special counsel Robert Mueller has brought additional charges against President Donald Trump's campaign chairman and a longtime associate, accusing them of obstructing justice.
The new charges were unsealed Friday against Paul Manafort and Konstantin Kilimnik.
They come after prosecutors accused Manafort of attempting to tamper with witnesses as he awaits trial on felony charges related to foreign lobbying work.
Prosecutors have accused Kilimnik of having ties to Russian intelligence, a charge he denies.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FAYETTEVILLE MAN ARRESTED FOR MIXING RAT POISON INTO CHEESE AT PIZZA SHOP, POLICE SAY
- JOHNSTON COUNTY MAN DIES WHILE SWIMMING AT CAPE HATTERAS NATIONAL SEASHORE
- 30 HOMEMADE PIPE BOMBS FOUND IN WOODED AREA NEAR ROXBORO
- MAYOR WHO WON BY 7 VOTES SWORN IN HOURS AFTER COURT APPEARANCE FOR DWI CHARGE
- NEWSPAPER PULLS OBIT THAT DETAILED WOMAN'S AFFAIR