KILLEEN, Texas (KWKT) — Members of Equusearch are searching along the Leon River in Bell County for PFC Vanessa Guileen.
Their search started Sunday, and they say they have a ‘good reason’ to be in the area.
The Texas Rangers, U.S. Army Criminal Investigation, and The Texas Game Wardens are also taking part in the search near FM 436 and North Hartrick Loop.
Guillen has been missing since April 22, 2020. Sunday, Major General Scott Effland, the Deputy Commander for 3 Corps pleaded for help on social media to find her.
Volunteers put together a drive-through barbecue event to help the Guillen’s family with their lodging while temporarily living in Killeen as well as paying lawyers and private investigators in the search for Guillen.
Hundreds of cars drove through at the Moss Rose Community Center in Killeen. The family decided on the barbecue idea to offer something to their supporters when they donate.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Lessons learned from the past year during the pandemic – here’s a look at the new issue of Raleigh Magazine
- SBI: Johnston County man held under $3M bond for child sex crime charges
- Gov. Cooper gets vaccinated on anniversary of first COVID-19 case in NC
- COVID-19 in NC: New cases tick up slightly, most deaths reported in a week
- Grand jury indicts Raleigh man in Crabtree Valley Mall shooting