NEW YORK CITY (AP/NEXSTAR) – New York City police have determined there was no criminality by Shake Shack employees after three officers drank milkshakes believed to be contaminated with bleach.
NYPD’s Chief of Detectives tweeted early Tuesday that the determination came after a thorough investigation.
A union had said the officers stopped at a Shake Shack in Manhattan on Monday evening and determined a toxic substance had been added to their beverages.
Another union said the officers went to a hospital for treatment but weren’t seriously harmed.
Shake Shack tweeted that it was horrified by the reports and was working with police.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2,805 new COVID-19 cases reported Saturday
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now