WASHINGTON (CNN) — NSA leaker, Reality Winner, wants to jump on President Donald Trump’s clemency bandwagon.
Court documents show that Winner filed a petition for the commutation of her sentence last week.
Her attorney says Winner has been diagnosed with a string of ailments, including depression, anxiety, and bulimia.
At the same time, the attorney says Winner has expressed remorse and has been a model inmate.
Winner is a former NSA contractor who leaked a classified document about a Russian cyberattack on a US voting software supplier in 2016.
She was later sentenced to more than five years and is set to be released in December next year.
Winner’s attorney spoke on the same day when President Trump granted clemency to 11 convicted high-profile criminals, including former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- SEE IT: Simulation shows how cough can spread coronavirus in grocery stores
- Job Alert | Sheetz, Food Lion are hiring
- Father says Boris Johnson likely out of action for a while
- ‘Everybody is very scared’: The struggle to keep apart on subway
- In a test of faith, Christians mark Good Friday in isolation