(CNN) — Former President Barack Obama made a congratulatory call to his former vice president after Joe Biden won the South Carolina primary Saturday, CNN says.
A source close to Obama says the former president doesn’t plan to endorse Biden, or anyone else, in the near future.
The person says if Obama did endorse Biden, there would be a “very real chance it backfires.”
- Moderna plans to have third vaccine booster shot ready by fall
- J&J faces more scrutiny after CEO’s $30 million payday
- NC resident Hester Ford, the oldest living American, has died
- NC man arrested after 24-year-old woman shot dead in drive-by at convenience store
- Counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows