CHICAGO (WGN/AP) — A Chicago police officer was hospitalized after being shot during a “gun battle” with an alleged bank robber, according to police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.
A heavy police presence was at the intersection of Irving Park Road and Lowell Avenue around 7 p.m. Tuesday as police investigated following the shooting.
The officer was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital. The officer’s condition is unknown.
Police haven’t revealed information about the suspect after the incident on the city’s Northwest Side.
No further information was provided. The investigation is ongoing.
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now