CHICAGO (WGN/AP) — A Chicago police officer was hospitalized after being shot during a “gun battle” with an alleged bank robber, according to police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.
A heavy police presence was at the intersection of Irving Park Road and Lowell Avenue around 7 p.m. Tuesday as police investigated following the shooting.
The officer was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital. The officer’s condition is unknown.
Police haven’t revealed information about the suspect after the incident on the city’s Northwest Side.
No further information was provided. The investigation is ongoing.
- NC lawmakers: Making daylight saving permanent still timely
- Expert for the defense says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd
- My Pillow CEO says Costco has dropped his products
- CASE CLOSED: NC Highway Patrol drops investigation into aggressive I-540 driver caught on video
- Former NC Gov. McCrory announces US Senate run