CHICAGO (WGN/AP) — A Chicago police officer was hospitalized after being shot during a “gun battle” with an alleged bank robber, according to police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.
A heavy police presence was at the intersection of Irving Park Road and Lowell Avenue around 7 p.m. Tuesday as police investigated following the shooting.
The officer was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital. The officer’s condition is unknown.
Police haven’t revealed information about the suspect after the incident on the city’s Northwest Side.
No further information was provided. The investigation is ongoing.
- Florida man finds human head while out jogging, police say
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- Dunkin’ Donuts to permanently close 450 convenience store locations
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now