BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A New York police officer and a state trooper were seriously injured after being hit by a car Monday night.
The driver and passengers of the vehicle were taken into custody, and both officers were in stable condition, according to Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz.
Police said the car drove through a line of officers at a protest on Buffalo’s East Side.
Both officers were taken to a hospital with serious injuries. Police also reported that two people had been shot and advised people to avoid the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No injuries after small plane crashes at Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport
- Revisiting Prince Charles’ 1996 trip to The Biltmore
- NC woman describes attack by possible coyote; photos show some of 13 puncture wounds
- Now approved to administer COVID-19 vaccine, NC dentists eager to help fight pandemic
- It’s a girl, Harry and expecting mom Meghan tell Oprah about 2nd child