BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A New York police officer and a state trooper were seriously injured after being hit by a car Monday night.
The driver and passengers of the vehicle were taken into custody, and both officers were in stable condition, according to Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz.
Police said the car drove through a line of officers at a protest on Buffalo’s East Side.
Both officers were taken to a hospital with serious injuries. Police also reported that two people had been shot and advised people to avoid the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Time to make masks mandatory? It’s not just a US debate
- 4 charged in murder of rapper Pop Smoke
- Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter pose in face masks, call on public to save lives
- Bus driver beaten to death after asking passengers to wear face masks
- 1 wounded in shooting at North Raleigh apartments
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now