CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago man is facing federal arson charges after investigators say he set fire to a Chicago police squad car.
Timothy O’Donnell was wearing a clown mask when he set fire to a Chicago Police Department cruiser on North State Street on Saturday during protests following the death of 46-year-old George Floyd, a criminal complaint alleges.
Investigators identified O’Donnell based on a tattoo on his neck that said “pretty.” He was arrested Tuesday at his apartment in Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood.
The complaint goes on to say O’Donnell admitted to being the man in the mask.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No injuries after small plane crashes at Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport
- Revisiting Prince Charles’ 1996 trip to The Biltmore
- NC woman describes attack by possible coyote; photos show some of 13 puncture wounds
- Now approved to administer COVID-19 vaccine, NC dentists eager to help fight pandemic
- It’s a girl, Harry and expecting mom Meghan tell Oprah about 2nd child