CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago man is facing federal arson charges after investigators say he set fire to a Chicago police squad car.
Timothy O’Donnell was wearing a clown mask when he set fire to a Chicago Police Department cruiser on North State Street on Saturday during protests following the death of 46-year-old George Floyd, a criminal complaint alleges.
Investigators identified O’Donnell based on a tattoo on his neck that said “pretty.” He was arrested Tuesday at his apartment in Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood.
The complaint goes on to say O’Donnell admitted to being the man in the mask.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Deputies seek help in search for missing NC woman
- Couple caught on camera defacing Black Lives Matter mural
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for part of Wayne County
- Save local stages: Concert venue industry urges Congress for COVID-19 relief
- California shuts bars, indoor dining and most gyms, churches