GILBERT, Ariz. — A military contractor from Gilbert, Arizona has been identified as one of the people killed by Al-Shabaab in Kenya on Sunday,
Dustin Harrison’s death is confirmed by his wife, Hope Harrison, who calls him a hero, through and through.
Harrison was among the three people killed in the terror attack at Manda Bay Kenya.
He was a pilot for the contracting firm l-3 Technologies.
Hope says that Dustin had been in a two-month rotation at the Kenya Defense Force Military Base.
He was scheduled to return in less than a week.
They have a two-year-old daughter and three step-children.
Hope says her husband was already a military contractor doing work overseas when they met six years ago.
She says she knew his job, accepted the risk and supported his work.
The Pentagon says army specialist Henry Mayfield of Evergreen Park, Illinois also was killed.
The third victim, also a military contractor, has not yet been named.
- John Lennon’s killer says he sought glory, deserved death penalty
- Cindy McCain endorses Biden for president in rebuke of Trump
- Single-dose vaccine tested as US experts say no corners cut
- Kentucky AG to announce results today in Breonna Taylor shooting death probe
- Wrestling legend ‘Road Warrior Animal’ dies at 60
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now