ERIE, Pa. (AP) — A 3-year-old Erie boy shot his sleeping father in the buttocks with a gun he found in their Pennsylvania home, authorities said.
The shooting happened about 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Erie, when the child found a loaded, small-caliber handgun and fired it at his 26-year-old father. The dad was being treated at a hospital for wounds that are not considered life-threatening. His name has not been released.
It’s not clear how the child found the handgun, authorities said. Two other children in the house at the time were not injured.
The shooting remains under investigation.
- SC teen’s death ruled homicide, coroner says
- Myrtle Beach bar loses alcohol license for ‘hindering’ inspection, officials say
- South Carolina officer killed in head-on crash while driving home to get ready for shift
- Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure
- NC GOP announces list of State Board of Elections nominees after 2 resign
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now