ERIE, Pa. (AP) — A 3-year-old Erie boy shot his sleeping father in the buttocks with a gun he found in their Pennsylvania home, authorities said.
The shooting happened about 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Erie, when the child found a loaded, small-caliber handgun and fired it at his 26-year-old father. The dad was being treated at a hospital for wounds that are not considered life-threatening. His name has not been released.
It’s not clear how the child found the handgun, authorities said. Two other children in the house at the time were not injured.
The shooting remains under investigation.
- Mom warns of dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after son dies after a day on the lake
- 100+ firefighters extinguish large fire at former school in Wendell
- Durham man busted with ‘Gray Death’ drugs after 120 mph chase on I-95, Nash County sheriff says
- 1 dead in 2-vehicle crash in Durham, police say
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now