LOS ANGELES (NEXSTAR) – Southern California officers searching a stolen SUV found 192 rolls of toilet paper, according to a Beverly Hills Police Department social media post on Tuesday.
The coronavirus pandemic has prompted panic-buyers to empty shelves of bathroom tissue nationwide.
It’s not yet clear if the toilet paper, which appears to have been made by Imperial – a company that supplies office buildings and other large facilities – was stolen or not. Police arrested the driver on unrelated charges, an official told the Los Angeles Times.
“Gives ‘They saw me rollin’ … ‘ a new meaning,” Beverly Hills police joked on Twitter.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Carolina Beach Ocean Rescue responds to dozens of water rescues Memorial Day Weekend
- Betty White says she’s doing perfectly fine despite the coronavirus pandemic
- 2 WWII veterans who are lifelong friends celebrate 96th and 97th birthdays together
- Valor, 2-year-old NC horse born on Memorial Day, dies following snake bite infection
- Loggerhead sea turtle ran over by vehicle while laying eggs at Cape Hatteras National Seashore beach