ELKO, Nev. (AP/WNCN) – Law enforcement in northeastern Nevada said Monday that they have found the body of a 16-year-old girl who went missing, and she appears to be the victim of a homicide.
The Elko County Sheriff’s Office said Monday that the body of Gabrielle “Britney” Lynn Ujlaky was found Wednesday in the Burner Basin area, which is between the city of Elko and the community of Spring Creek, about 15 miles away.
The sheriff’s office said investigators have been “working around the clock following up on leads and tips” but have not yet identified a suspect.
The Elko Daily Free Press reported that Ujlaky, of Spring Creek, was last seen on March 8 getting into a pickup truck.
Deputies said the incident happened at Spring Creek High School and involved a green Ford F-150 pickup.
It’s unclear who owned the truck and how Ujlaky knew the owner.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2,805 new COVID-19 cases reported Saturday
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now