SAN JOSE, Calif. (KRON) — A 37-year-old man was arrested Sunday evening after police say he placed two cameras inside a bathroom at a Starbucks.
Just before 5 p.m. on Sunday, someone called San Jose police to report that they found a camera inside the bathroom at the coffee shop at 1815 Hillsdale Avenue in San Jose.
When officers arrived, they found a camera inside a drain pipe in front of the toilet and another camera under the bathroom sink, also facing the toilet.
Officers found the suspect, identified as Shawn Patrick Evans, 37, of San Jose, in a parked car outside the Starbucks.
Police say he had a warrant out for his arrest on several drug charges.
During a search of the man’s car, officers found other electronic devices and evidence connecting him to the crime at the Starbucks, according to San Jose police.
Police also found methamphetamine and a glass pipe.
Evans was arrested on charges of invasion of privacy and possession of controlled substances and paraphernalia.
He was also arrested on the outstanding warrant.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bridge to replace washed-out Johnston County culvert where 2 children died amid heavy rains
- Reward offered after 11-year-old shot while riding in car in Durham
- CBS 17 Storm Team Meteorologist Bill Reh shares his winter weather predictions
- Multimillion-dollar amusement park breaks ground in Myrtle Beach, expected to bring 100 jobs
- New Zealand leader Ardern offers virus know-how to Joe Biden