DECATUR, Ala. (WCMH) — An Alabama woman used hot grease to fight off a man who was later charged with domestic violence.
It happened August 1 on the 280 block of Wimberly Drive SW in Decatur, Alabama. Police responded to a call of a domestic dispute.
When officers arrived, they found a man, identified as Larondrick Macklin, with burns to his face. He was transported to an area hospital for treatment.
According to police, Macklin entered the victim’s house with a firearm and the victim threw a pot containing hot grease to defend herself.
Macklin was charged with burglary and domestic violence. He was arrested after his release from the hospital. He is being held on a $300,000 bond.
- Police: 9-year-old shot, killed in Durham; 8-year-old wounded
- Florida man who allegedly said he wants to set record and kill 100 people in mass shooting is arrested
- Four Loko teases new seltzer with nearly triple the alcohol content of its competitors
- Man finds 50-year-old message in a bottle from Russian Navy on Alaskan shore
- Expert: These car seats sold online are ‘not safe at all’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now