DECATUR, Ala. (WCMH) — An Alabama woman used hot grease to fight off a man who was later charged with domestic violence.
It happened August 1 on the 280 block of Wimberly Drive SW in Decatur, Alabama. Police responded to a call of a domestic dispute.
When officers arrived, they found a man, identified as Larondrick Macklin, with burns to his face. He was transported to an area hospital for treatment.
According to police, Macklin entered the victim’s house with a firearm and the victim threw a pot containing hot grease to defend herself.
Macklin was charged with burglary and domestic violence. He was arrested after his release from the hospital. He is being held on a $300,000 bond.
- Protests take to the streets of Raleigh for 6th night
- Roanoke Rapids gym owner charged, fined for opening during pandemic shutdown
- Hundreds gather in solidarity amid candlelight vigil for police brutality in Durham
- Hundreds march in protest of peace and unity walk in Dunn
- VIDEO: Man injured after shoved by police during protest in Buffalo
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now