199,884 Americans have died from coronavirus in the last six months.
Johns Hopkins reports 6,857,967 people in the U.S. have contracted coronavirus.
America leads the world in cases and deaths from coronavirus.
“Below the age of 18. Like nobody. They have a strong immune system. Who knows?” the president said.
“Take your hat off to the young cause they have a hell of an immune system. It affects virtually nobody. It’s an amazing thing. By the way, open your schools. Everybody open your schools,” he continued.
Of those, 228 children have been hospitalized and one child has died.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Vaccinated for virus, Jimmy Carter and wife back in church
- Man accused of shooting infant daughter in the head during domestic incident in custody
- Shooting at Fayetteville apartment complex leaves man dead, police say
- 18-point deficit too much for UNC to overcome in non-conference loss to Marquette
- NC State earns upset win at No. 15 Virginia, handing Cavaliers 3rd loss in a row