President Trump did not appear in public over the weekend to address the nation about the ongoing coronavirus crisis, but he did speak out on Twitter, bashing his political enemies and accusing the media of wrongly characterizing his initial response to the epidemic in the U.S.
A senior adviser has told CBS News that some of the president’s aides and allies outside the White House have urged him to scale back the daily White House briefings on the virus.
Those calls came as Mr. Trump suggested during the Thursday briefing at the White House that scientists should look into the possibility of injecting COVID-19 patients with “disinfectant,” which he later claimed was sarcasm.
- Bowler adds father’s ashes to ball, rolls perfect game
- Judge makes no decision on bond for SC suspect accused in Capitol riots; FBI claims QAnon ties
- Pres. Biden, VP Harris address nation after Derek Chauvin verdict
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- Red Flag Warning in effect for central NC; any outdoor fires could quickly grow out of control