MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Rapper Kanye West has filed signatures in Wisconsin to run for president as an independent candidate in November.
The Wisconsin Elections Commission said signatures were submitted on behalf of West on Tuesday, which was the last day for independent presidential candidates to submit the required 2,000 signatures of Wisconsin voters to get on the ballot.
West and running mate Michelle Tidball listed themselves as candidates of the BDY, The Birthday Party.
The commission staff will be reviewing the petitions in coming days to determine if there are enough valid signatures and if the candidates meet all qualifications to get on the ballot.
Republican Donald Trump narrowly won Wisconsin in 2016.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Colonial Pipeline site assessment reveals an estimated 1.2M gallons of gasoline leaked in NC town
- Japan stands firm on Tokyo Olympics schedule, denies report of cancellation
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Miller Lite semi-truck crashes into NC home
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Senate Republicans can shut door on immigration reform with filibuster