MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Rapper Kanye West has filed signatures in Wisconsin to run for president as an independent candidate in November.
The Wisconsin Elections Commission said signatures were submitted on behalf of West on Tuesday, which was the last day for independent presidential candidates to submit the required 2,000 signatures of Wisconsin voters to get on the ballot.
West and running mate Michelle Tidball listed themselves as candidates of the BDY, The Birthday Party.
The commission staff will be reviewing the petitions in coming days to determine if there are enough valid signatures and if the candidates meet all qualifications to get on the ballot.
Republican Donald Trump narrowly won Wisconsin in 2016.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Work from home: These are the top jobs for remote careers
- NC sheriff issues statement after swastika found mowed in resident’s yard
- City of Raleigh fixing misspelled, incorrect street sign after CBS 17 inquiry
- Blue Bell to pay $17.25M in criminal penalties after 2015 listeria contamination
- Claims of ICE detention center hysterectomies spark investigations