SPARTANBURG, S.C. (WSPA) – Contigo has re-announced the recall of 5.7 million kids water bottles due to a choking hazard.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the water bottle’s clear silicone spout can detach.
The recall involves Contigo Kids Cleanable water bottles and replacement lids that were given to consumers as part of the August 2019 recall of this product.
The base and cover of the clear silicone spout will always be black. Only black colored spout base and spout cover models are included in this recall.
Contigo is printed on the rim and along the front near the bottom of the bottle.
The water bottles come in three sizes (13-ounce, 14-ounce and 20-ounce) and four colors (solid color, graphics, stainless steel, and stainless steel solid colors).
The water bottles were sold individually as well as in two-packs and three-packs.
For more information, visit the CPSC website here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump set for heavily attended campaign rally in Gastonia
- Thieves target Triangle restaurants already struggling amid pandemic
- A day in the life of a mail-in ballot in North Carolina — find out how they’re handled
- Woman’s obituary: In lieu of flowers ‘do not vote for Trump’
- Giuliani shown in hotel bedroom scene in new ‘Borat’ film
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now