Hawaiian Airlines flight 47 landed safely at Daniel K. Inouye international airport after the crew declared an emergency due to reports of smoke in the cabin.
The smoke began to fill the cabin about 30 minutes prior to landing. The plane was flying from Oakland to Honolulu.
Passengers evacuated the plane via emergency slides on the tarmac.
Hawaiian Airlines issued a statement via Facebook regarding the emergency landing:
- Triton blasts winless West Johnston, 46-19
- Missing Wayne County inmate captured in Rocky Mount almost a week after escape
- Cardinal Gibbons makes statement in blanking undefeated Cleveland, 36-0
- VOTE: The Blitz Play of the Week nominees | Week 5
- NC college student from Raleigh fights for her life after being hit by car
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now