Hawaiian Airlines flight 47 landed safely at Daniel K. Inouye international airport after the crew declared an emergency due to reports of smoke in the cabin.
The smoke began to fill the cabin about 30 minutes prior to landing. The plane was flying from Oakland to Honolulu.
Passengers evacuated the plane via emergency slides on the tarmac.
Hawaiian Airlines issued a statement via Facebook regarding the emergency landing:
- Durham man faces murder charge after man dies following argument, shooting on Holloway Street
- Crashes, downed lines cause issues for drivers Friday morning in Raleigh
- Snowfall totals for Feb. 20
- ‘We never give up’ – Cumberland County sheriff addresses arrest in 21-year-old case of Baby Michael
- Russia is looking to help Trump win in 2020, security official tells lawmakers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now