YORK, S.C. (AP) – Authorities arrested a man on dozens of criminal counts after finding pit bull dogs chained to car axles buried in the ground on a South Carolina property.
The York County Sheriff’s Office says 42 pit bulls were seized by investigating deputies, who found evidence of possible dog fighting.
On Monday, the sheriff said in a news release that 49-year-old Anthonio Latoranodo Orr, of McConnells, faced 75 warrants involving animal fighting, drug, and weapons charges.
Online records show Orr was jailed Friday. He was being held in the York County Detention Center as of Monday morning, with bail was set at $150,225. There was no indication whether he had an attorney.
Deputies had gone to a York County property Thursday to investigate possible violations of animal restraining laws.
- Student in custody after shooting, injuring 12-year-old at NC middle school
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- Publix failed to protect employee who died of COVID-19, lawsuit alleges
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House
- Apex Fire Department helps demonstrate how to not fry a turkey
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now