WASHINGTON COUNTY, Oregon (KSEE/KGPE) – A school bus driver was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence following an incident in northern Oregon.
According to Washington County Sheriff’s Office, 20-year-old Jonathan C. Gates was driving the bus around 8 a.m. Wednesday when it crashed on a rural road outside Hillsboro. As well as the driver, deputies report that there were 10 children and an adult bus aid on board too.
Security footage from inside the bus captures the children onboard screaming as the bus careens off the road and into a ditch.
Deputies say Gates appeared to be impaired and was arrested for DUI-controlled substance. He was issued a citation and released.
No injuries were reported in the incident.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘God has another angel’: Broadway star Nick Cordero dies at 41 after COVID-19 battle
- Museum says ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ car with Confederate flag will stay
- Places of worship told to stop singing, chanting as COVID-19 cases spike in California
- Frederick Douglass statue vandalized in New York park
- Spaghetti Western movie composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now