(CNN) – A “monster black hole” has been discovered by scientists.
But they say it’s so big that it shouldn’t actually exist.
They’re calling it a stellar black hole, which is the kind that forms following the death or explosion of a massive star.
Before the discovery, researchers thought the size limit was less than 20 times the mass of the sun.
But this black hole, known as LB-1, appears to debunk that theory.
The findings were published in Wednesday’s edition of the journal Nature.
- Five people found dead inside a Vanceboro home, investigation underway
- 2 dead, 20 injured after massive explosion at Texas warehouse
- Trump becomes 1st president to visit, speak at March for Life rally
- Affordable housing a hot topic as Bernie Sanders’ campaign holds town hall in Durham
- Officials: Child dies after early-morning fire at NC apartment complex