SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Officers with the San Francisco Police Department in California found a severed head in the refrigerator of a home on the Great Highway, KRON4 News has learned.
The discovery was made on Sunday in an apartment in the 1600 block of the Great Highway.
The rest of the body was badly decomposed.
The officers were at the apartment investigating a missing persons case, according to a private investigator hired by the missing person’s family.
The body has not been identified.
The missing person is 41-year-old Catano Perez, who lived in the apartment. His family last had contact with him back on April 10.
The private investigator says he was last seen around the Great Highway and was officially declared missing on April 20.
KRON4 also learned that San Mateo County law enforcement where notified this weekend that this case may be connected to the suspect in the fatal officer-involved shooting from April 12.
Justin Silvernale, 35 of Antioch, was identified by the coroner as the suspect in that case.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Texas man wrestled and gripped infant’s head ‘in a football hold’ prior to his death, affidavit says
- WATCH: Pelosi thanks George Floyd for ‘sacrificing’ his life for justice
- Sen. Sanders, Rep. Jayapal unveil plan for tuition-free college amid student debt crisis
- Tennessee GOP lawmakers push to require fetal remains be buried or cremated after abortion
- Tennessee hemp farmer rolls 150-foot long joint for 4/20