WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — School officials in Florida have suspended a middle school teacher after an investigation found she used hand sanitizer to wash out the mouth of a student who was talking too loud in her class.
The Palm Beach County school board voted Wednesday to suspend Guyette Duhart for 10 days without pay for the Oct. 14 incident at Polo Park Middle School in Wellington.
The report says the student told administrators that Duhart grabbed a bottle of hand sanitizer and pumped it into his mouth.
The teacher told investigators she held it near his mouth and the student pumped it into his mouth.
- 8-year-old accidentally shot, killed inside NC home, police say
- As virus surges, Trump rallies keep packing in thousands
- Colorado man denied lottery winnings after missing deadline by 3 days
- Tracking the Tropics: Disturbance has 80% chance of developing over the Caribbean
- Judge Judy to move her gavel to streaming service IMDb TV
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now