HASLET, Texas (WFLA) – A North Texas teenager braved the brutal summer heat to honor a friend in a very patriotic way.
Cameron James, 17, said one of his friends was killed while on duty for the Army last week in Arizona.
James says he used the different setting on his mower to make the grass different lengths and used a weed eater to create the 50 stars in the top left-hand corner.
James told KXAS TV it took him about four hours to do it. “It was a lot of work,” James said. “But it was worth it.”
- Raleigh mom plans to buy first house after winning $1M from scratch-off
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta gaining strength, will likely become hurricane
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now