HASLET, Texas (WFLA) – A North Texas teenager braved the brutal summer heat to honor a friend in a very patriotic way.
Cameron James, 17, said one of his friends was killed while on duty for the Army last week in Arizona.
James says he used the different setting on his mower to make the grass different lengths and used a weed eater to create the 50 stars in the top left-hand corner.
James told KXAS TV it took him about four hours to do it. “It was a lot of work,” James said. “But it was worth it.”
- Karen Forms Near the Caribbean, Still Watching Jerry and Soon-to-Be Lorenzo
- GM adds 2 model years to recall involving welds in small SUVs
- NC fugitive who tricked 4 bondsmen is caught after 8-hour standoff
- Residents excited as 1st grocery store opens in downtown Raleigh
- Thomas’ TD return helps NC State beat Ball State 34-23
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now